Lancaster, Pennsylvania/Direct hire
JFC Global is now recruiting for a Buyer position with our client in the Lancaster, Pa area!
Procures all necessary materials for production and factory operations. Assures that quality materials are received in a timely matter. Continuously improves competitive posture of company through active source development/management. Insures accuracy of records and work with accounting to assure payment of suppliers.
- Procures material to support manufacturing production needs for assigned commodities.
- Relays all customer quality requirements to the suppliers based on the QRs
- Reviews material needs based on work order shortages and communicates any issues that may impact schedules with the project team members.
- Expedites orders as required
- Implements purchase order changes
- Dispositions and takes action on any non-conforming material
- Supports the bid and proposal process
- Works with the suppliers on technical issues with support of company engineers as required.
- Maintains PO and bid documentation to support customer audits.
- Analyzes market conditions and trends to understand and action the impact on assigned commodities.
- Negotiate supply agreements leveraging volumes across multiple entities.
- Drive suppliers to mitigate minimum buys and reduce lead times by pipelining items in anticipation of needs when possible.
- Develops and enlists new suppliers as needed to ensure best market cost and quality of material is attained.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- BS/BA in Business, Supply Chain Management or equivalent relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience, preferably in procurement of electronic or mechanical components.
- Military and/or Aerospace procurement experience preferred.
- Strong numerical and analytic reasoning capability.
- Well-developed written and oral communications skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel / Word, ERP systems, and databases.
Submit your resume today for immediate consideration! We are looking forward to speaking with you!
Not ready to apply? Call or Email Carley Bobb at (717) 761-8095 or email@example.com for a confidential conversation about your search.
We’re Here to Help
Start your Search Now
Contact a Recruiter