Mechanical Designer and Programmer
York, Pennsylvania/Direct hire
JFC Global is currently recruiting for a great CNC Programmer/ Mechanical Designer position in the York, PA area!
CNC programs, tooling and process evaluation, selection and improvement. The individual is responsible for developing cost reduction ideas and for implementing cost improvement plans to meet company financial goals, to plan, implement and measure the results of engineering projects and to supply engineering support in a company environment where the challenges vary as business shifts.
- Plans, creates and implements CNC programs and tooling plans. May need to modify existing programs from time-to-time as required by manufacturing.
- Maintains existing program revision levels and makes them available to manufacturing.
- Plans and implements current and new engineering projects and measures the results achieved.
- Evaluates tooling, processes and systems for modification or replacement. Procures replacement or new tooling when necessary.
- Evaluates operating costs and implements cost improvement plans in all areas to meet company financial goals.
- Prepares bids and proposals for current and future customers, as well as equipment and tooling procurement.
Analyzes, designs and improves fixtures/tooling design for optimal operation.
Analyzes, designs and improves cutting tools for optimal operation.
Conducts process evaluation, selection and improvement of part flow and machine operation.
- Utilizes LEAN & 5S to better processes, systems and the workplace to ensure a clean and organized firm
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Requires a minimum high school diploma with 3-5 years advanced education in CAD, blueprint reading, and CNC programming or equivalent.
- A minimum 3 years experience in Design and Programming
- Ideally 5-10 years working in machine shop environment
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints with strong knowledge and experience of machine processes and tooling.
- Is CAM knowledgeable, understands cutting tool geometry and is able to apply it.
If you're not ready to apply, or have any questions before doing so, please reach out to Scott Blake at email@example.com or 717-761-8095.
We’re Here to Help
Start your Search Now
Contact a Recruiter